Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : KIYO
Durée estimée : 56 jours
Montant estimé du marché : 30000 euros
Marché public : oui
Date de publication : 07/09/2023
Date limite de soumission : 08/10/2023
Personne de contact : Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Résumé du marché
KIYO’s current five-year DGD programme (2022-2026) entitled “Empowering youth together globally” focuses on the development of quality learning environments that support youth in discovering and developing their talents and potential, in becoming aware of their rights and being able to claim them, and in actively shaping their own future and contributing to a more just and sustainable world.
In order to develop these quality learning environments around youth, KIYO supports local partner organizations in the partner countries in accompanying community actors that educate, train, support and accompany youth in formal, informal and non-formal education, in employability and in active citizenship. KIYO partners are local civil society organisations, of which at least one in each country is entirely youth-led. In Belgium, KIYO is directly implementing the programme with secondary schools and organisations working for, with and through youth (e.g. fourth pillar organisations) in a context that differs in a number of aspects from the context in the partner countries.
The programme is implemented in five countries: Belgium, Brazil, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, and the Philippines.
Given that both KIYO’s youth empowerment strategy - focusing on strengthening learning environments in different contexts - and KIYO’s partnership strategy - focusing on in-country and cross-country learning - are part of a broader international strategy, KIYO opts for one overarching evaluation approach in which mutual and shared learning will be the main focus and objective. KIYO therefore chooses for an assisted peer-to-peer self-evaluation as methodological approach to the mid-term evaluation of the Empowering youth together globally programme. The mid-term evaluation will consist of four key complementary and mutually reinforcing components:
- Assisted Peer-to-peer self-evaluation between the different KIYO country offices outside of Belgium
- Structured peer learning between KIYO partners from the different KIYO country programmes
- Assisted peer learning and/or peer-to-peer evaluation between KIYO and other organisations
- External evaluation of the Belgium programme, including peer learning with other organisations in Belgium and the partner countries
For the partner countries outside of Belgium:
1) Does the partnership strategy of mutual and shared capacity development enable KIYO and the partners to work more effectively on youth empowerment?
2) Does the KIYO programme succeed in empowering youth by focusing on the development of quality learning environments and in capacitating community actors to sustain these learning environments?
3) Do youth empowered by the programme significantly contribute to empowering other youth not directly reached by the programme
For the programme in Belgium:
4) To what extent do teachers, school teams, mentors and organizations working for, with and through youth in their class, school and organizational context succeed in creating a safe and stimulating environment in which youth can grow and be strengthened? Which factors play a role in this?
5) To what extent do youth who participate in Action4Rigths1 within and outside of the school context feel strengthened to let their voice be heard in society (school, home, community, …) and to take up a more active role? Which factors play a role in this?
Résumé des attentes des prestataires
- Participatory methodology development for data collection, analysis and learning to gain information and insight to be able to answer the different learning questions.
- Design and facilitation of a training/workshop of minimum two days for the peer evaluators during which they will be provided with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to conduct the evaluation activities in the field, including the gathering of information and the processing/capitalizing of that information into evaluation reports.
- Design and facilitation of a training/workshop of minimum one day for the KIYO partners who will be directly involved in the peer learning activities, during which they will be provided with the necessary knowledge and skills to gather, document and share learnings from their immersion in the empowerment approach of their respective peer learning partners.
- On-field guidance (through collaboration with local consultants engaged by the main evaluator) of the peer-to-peer evaluations in two out of the four partner countries (Philippines and DRC), and remote guidance for the other two partner countries (Brazil and Burundi).
- Co-development and co-facilitation of 2 on-field restitution and learning workshops together with the peer evaluators of the programmes in Brazil and the Philippines on the one hand (in Rio de Janeiro), and Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo on the other (in Bujumbura).
- Support and guidance to the peer evaluators in the drafting and finalisation of their respective evaluation reports.
- Facilitation of a final, global restitution on the key findings and recommendations of the mid-term evaluation of KIYO’s Empowering youth together globally programme.
- Inception report, including a description of the methodology for peer evaluation and learning purpose
- Evaluation report Belgium programme
- Elaboration of a summary report, containing the key findings and recommendations of the overall mid-term evaluation exercise.
Expected Profile of the Consultant:
• Experience in countries (region) concerned (Belgium, Brazil, Burundi, DRC and Philippines)
• Local presence or contacts with local consultants in the Philippines and DRC
• Local consultant in DRC : experience in conflict sensitive programming
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in evaluation and facilitation of learning
• Experience in capacity - building / training / coaching (of evaluators)
• Language proficiency (Brazil - Portuguese/ English, Philippines - English, DRC and Burundi - French, Belgium - Dutch)
Added value :
• Experience in accompanying peer evaluation and learning
• Experience in at least one of the following fields: youth empowerment / youth organisations / entrepreneurship and income generation / education sector / gender / global citizenship / rights based programming.